Summus Capital OÜ is a real estate investment holding group established in 2013 with investments in commercial real estate in all 3 Baltic countries. Direct real estate investments are made through SPVs of the respective country of location. Well diversified commercial real estate portfolio includes properties in retail, office, logistics and medical segments.
As of 2Q 2022, Summus Capital portfolio consists of 15 properties in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania with total net leasable area of 216 thousand m2 and ca 400 tenants, portfolio WAULT is 4.6 years and LTV of seenior debt is 52.9%. Total consolidated assets are 430 MEUR and the company has progressive portfolio expansion pipeline.
Summus Capital has received a first-time corporate rating from the rating agency Scope Ratings GmbH of BB (stable).
Bonds issued by Summus Capital have been admitted to trading on the Nasdaq Baltic First North market by Nasdaq.
Investment strategy of Summus Capital portfolio is based on cash flow generating commercial real estate with long term focus. Class A office buildings, shopping centers & big-box stores, class A warehouse and industrial and medical properties are selected. Summus Capital sees future in sustainable buildings and value add investments. Property requirements include that share of any sector should not significantly exceed 50% of the portfolio, share of anchors in the portfolio’s cash ﬂow is at least 50% and minimum investment size is 10 MEUR.
* Data as of 31.12.2021. NOI and portfolio yield are 12-month rolling. Data is based on 100% properties ownership.
Summus Capital believes that for investors, tenants and employees, the best way to increase assets value is to manage business in a sustainable way. We should not only focus on acquisitions of “green assets”, but our essential mission is to turn existing un-efficient buildings into modern, prime and flagship assets, what in result will decrease significantly ecological footprint.
At least 50% of the portfolio shall be with BREAAM or LEED certification in 2022:
- Park Town West hill, Park Town East hill and Veerenni 2 (17% of portfolio) were BREEAM Excellent or LEED Gold certified during construction;
- Ongoing certification process in BOD, Veerenni 1 (34% of the portfolio);
- Ongoing building management system (BMS) and automatization upgrades;
- Energy, water heating and cooling consumption reduction solutions in multiple properties;
- Green electricity usage to be increased from 30% to 50%.
At least 75% of the portfolio shall be with BREAAM or LEED certification in 2025 and at least 90% of the portfolio shall be with BREAAM or LEED certification in 2030.